This online course is designed to provide technicians with a basic understanding of Home Theater Components and how they interact with each other. The course also covers basic home networking, customer interaction, and system integration. Utilizing an interactive narrated presentation, students learn at their own pace. Upon completion of the course, students will take a 75 question exam to verify their knowledge. Both sales and technicians will benefit from content.
The initial course costs $99 and covers the following topics:
Basic System Design
- Overview of fundamental system components and operation
- Overview of key video concepts (sources, resolution, etc.)
- Basic display technologies (LCD, plasma, etc.)
- Fundamentals of audio components (receivers, speakers, etc.)
- Key concepts affecting hookup and performance
- Fundamental system connection & operation
- TV, Cable/Satellite, Disc, Audio, etc.
- Basics of single room installation
- Key factors (wall construction, cable pathways, dangers to avoid, etc.)
- Low voltage only
- Fundamentals, functionality, and flexibility
- Key connection and setup concepts
- Types of design (floor standing, in-wall, etc.)
- Covers proper set-up and installation
- What is available, what do they do, and how do I set them up?
- Ranges from iPods to Blu-Ray Disc
- Networking fundamentals
- Interfacing AV components into home networks
- Meeting/exceeding customer expectations
- Basic etiquette (on the phone and in person)
- Effective teamwork principles